Monday, June 11, 2007

6 months as a family of 6!

Today is a special day... today marks 6 months that AnnaClaire became ours. 6 months ago, a screaming, red faced baby girl who was screaming "buuuuuuuu", was given to us. 6 months ago. That day, December 11, 2006, is a day I will never forget. It is the day that changed my life forever. The day that made our family a family of 6. I cannot stop myself from thinking "6 months ago, we were doing this..." etc. For instance, at lunch, I remembered that 6 months ago, AnnaClaire would not, under any circumstances, wear a bib or sit in a high chair. I cannot believe we have had my precious mei mei for 6 whole months. 6 months/26 weeks/182 days. That's a long time! Also, happy 6 months to our travel group- Sarah Lu, Rebekah, Mia, Kenzie, Claire, Zoie, Emma, Sarah Beth, Isaac, and Isaiah I love this girl, AnnaClaire Chenhui, so much. I cannot imagine life before her. 6 months ago... my life changed for the better. I cannot believe it has been that long already. But wait!? Haven't we had her forever?



In honor of 6 months together, I wanted to do something special. I have already done a whole movie about AnnaClaire's adoption (see here), so I needed something different than that. I finally came up with the idea of making a movie showing my favorite picture from every day that we've had AnnaClaire. (Except for April 10... that was the day I didn't take any!) I have spent many hours making this movie so I hope you will watch it. It starts with a picture of the gotcha moment and then there is my favorite picture from every day we've had her so far... December 11-June 11. Enjoy!! (Before watching, please turn off the background music by going to the very bottom of my blog and pressing "pause")





AnnaClaire,
I cannot believe that you have been ours for 6 months! 6 months is a long time! How is it that 6 months ago, you became AnnaClaire Chenhui?! I have loved every month, every week, every day, every hour, every minute of having you as my sister. 6 months ago you were a terrified baby girl. I am amazed at how much you have changed... into a happy toddler. You mean so much to me and I wouldn't trade these 6 months for ANYTHING. I am looking forward to years to come with you, Mei Mei.
Love always,
Jie Jie

7 comments:

Lilly's Sissy said...

Well, this is it, this is officially my favorite blog! LoL
This is so amazing, and the songs make it even better..especially the first one. Isn't adoption the biggest blessing ever? God is so good! and you are an amazing big sister!

Russ & Becki Carlson said...

Happy 6 months Gotcha to all the Horner's. AnnaClaire is absolutely thriving, and of course, adorable. I think she might be Addison's sister! :)
Love to your family!
Becki

Lauren said...

WOW!!!! 6 months!!! It seems like soooooo much shorter! AC is such a gift. Much love and blessings!!!

Meg said...

The video is AMAZING. I knew it would be wonderful. It's amazing to see how different she looks from 6 months ago. She looked so timid when you got her, now she looks like a robust joyful little girl!! Congrats on your 6 months! Can you believe it? It seems like it was just your 1 month anniversary!

Holly said...

AnnaClaire has really blossomed in 6 months. Even though you have only had her for 6 months, doesn't it just seem like you've had her forever?!?

Anonymous said...

Emily, I have followed your blog from the time of your referral. You an amazing big sister and AnnaClaire is so blessed to have you by her side as she grows. God has blessed your family in an amazing way and it shows in each post and picture. God Bless....
~Cynthia (N.Y)
http://hutterwonderland.blogspot.com/

Sarah Lu's Jie Jie said...

Happy 6 month Gotcha to AnnaClaire!!! Wow, how time flys!! Doesn't it seem like just yesterday we were in China with our new mei mei's? And now, here we are, with our mei mei's for 6 months!! And yet, it seems like Sarah Lu has always been a part of our family and I'm sure it is the same for AnnaClaire! :) I love AnnaClaire's 6 month video!! Guess what? I made one for SL last month (just had to wait til after the 11th to finish it) for our 6 month gotcha and am gonna put it up today. Too cool! :)
We love you AnnaClaire and you have grown so much since we were in China together! We are definitely going to have to meet up so you and Sarah Lu can both meet as the "big girls" that you are now! Happy 6 month Gotcha!! You are SO loved!!! :)
~Staci and Sarah Lu